What is HypnoBirthing?
HypnoBirthing® The Mongan Method is both a philosophy and a technique that helps women and their partners work towards a birth that is gentle, calm and empowering. The program involves learning deep relaxation, self hypnosis, special breathing techniques, visualization, affirmations and education about the physiology of birth. When a woman is adequately prepared, has worked through her fears around birth and fully trusts her body, she is able to birth more easily, more safely and more comfortably.
The Mongan Method is the original programme and still the best!
Interest Free payments available through
Why choose HypnoBirthing®?
‘We believe that every woman has within her the power to call upon her natural instincts to bring about the best possible birthing for her baby and herself’.
Marie F. Mongan
HypnoBirthing® is based on the belief that severe discomfort does not need to be a natural accompaniment of birthing when a woman is properly prepared and trusts her birthing body.
HypnoBirthing® mums have:
• 80 per cent fewer requests for pain medication
• 50 per cent less epidurals
• 45 per cent reduction in caesarean sections
• Shorter labour by an average of three hours
• Decreased use of artificial induction; and
• Fewer preterm and low-weight babies and fewer cases of
post natal depression reported.
Source: Simply Born and ResearchGate
What You will Learn in HypnoBirthing® Classes
Building A Positive Expectancy
• Introduction to the remarkable HypnoBirthing® philosophy
• Why and how you can have an easier, more comfortable, and safer birthing
• How Nature perfectly designed women’s bodies to birth
• How to assist, rather than resist, your natural birthing instincts
• The vocabulary for calm and gentle birthing.
• Visualizing gentle births by viewing beautiful birthing videos
Falling in Love with Your Baby/ Preparing Mind & Body
• The remarkable mind of your newborn baby—Prenatal bonding techniques
• Rapid and instant self-relaxation techniques and deepening techniques
• Breathing techniques for labor and birthing
• Hypnotic relaxation and visualization
• Selecting the right care provider
• The Birth companion’s role in birthing
• Preparing your body for birthing with massage and toning
Getting Ready to Welcome your Baby
• Preparing Birth Preference Sheets
• Preparing the Body for Birthing
• Light Touch Labor Massage
• Your body working for and with you
• Avoiding artificial induction and achieving a natural start to labor
• Releasing negative emotions, fears and limiting thoughts.
An overview of Birthing – A Labor of Love
• Onset of Labor – Thinning and Opening Phase
• Birth explained simply
• Settling in at the hospital, birthing center or home birth
• As labor moves along – passing time through labor
• Hallmarks of labor
• If labor rests or slows – Companion’s prompts and activities
• As labor advances – birthing with your baby
• Protecting the natural birthing experience
• Birth rehearsal imagery
Birth – Breathing Love – Bringing Life
• Moving into birthing
• Positions for descent and birthing
• Breathing baby down to birth
• Baby moves to the breast
• Family bonding with your baby
For more information check out the HypnoBirthing® website